The Festival de Música Barroca de San Miguel de Allende is a non-profit organization which partners with the classical chamber music group, the Camerata Ventapane of Houston, Texas (a US tax-exempt 501()c)(3), to present an annual International Baroque Music Festival in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
The backgrounds of Festival Directors range from music to medicine, to people who work in engineering and marketing. Directors are required to attend regular meetings four times a year (one of which is a full day retreat). Directors must also follow up on committee assignments consistently and be available to members of the organization’s administrative staff for assistance by phone or email. Furthermore, Directors must attend BMF events and serve for a minimum 2 year term.
- General Director (Mexico): Rodrigo Antonio Treviño Lozano
- General Director (U.S.): Henry Kirby
- Executive Director: Stephanie Juanita Hough Lanier
- Artistic Director: Barrett Sills
The Baroque Music Festival’s Advisory Council is a consultative group that assists the Festival Directors by helping to mobilize the local, regional, and international community, including community leadership, behind activities sponsored by the festival. It is also instrumental in identifying potential donors to support community and educational activities. Equally important, the members of the Advisory Council give their valuable input and feedback to the Directors regarding organizational development and continuity.
2011 Advisory Council Members:
- Aurelio Tello. CENIDIM
- Joyce Lawrence. Viva La Música
- Jaime Sprowls. Rancho La Loma
- Russ Archibald. San Miguel Project
- Fernando Treviño Lozano. En Vivo Desde el Met
- John Bitner. Eastern Bank Corporation
- Fred Snyder. Lawrence Academy